DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree in Italian Studies, A.A. prepares students to continue their education at any Connecticut State University (CSU) leading to a baccalaureate degree in Italian. It is designed to strengthen and develop skills in Italian expression: critical reading, writing, thinking, listening, speaking, and research through the study of language, literature, culture, and related disciplines.
Upon completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate listening proficiency in the target language at the Intermediate Low level as per the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages guidelines*.
- Demonstrate speaking proficiency in the target language at the Intermediate Low level as per the ACTFL guidelines*.
- Demonstrate reading proficiency in the target language at the Intermediate Low level as per the ACTFL guidelines*.
- Demonstrate writing proficiency in the target language at the Intermediate Low level as per the ACTFL guidelines*.
- Demonstrate analytic, interpretative, and critical thinking skills regarding language and the communication process.
- Recognize that understanding other cultures will enrich one’s own life and result in lifelong learning.
- Apply critical thinking skills to the understanding of cultural differences and similarities.
This program is transfer focused. It is designed to prepare students with an interest in Italian studies to transfer to a four-year college or university at the junior level in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree.
With this degree students will be able to transfer to the following majors: At Central Connecticut State University:
- Italian B.A.
- Italian B.S.ED. (7-12)
At Southern Connecticut State University:
- Italian B.A.
- Italian 7-12, B.S.
- Italian B.S.