DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Medical Assisting Certificate prepares students for entry level positions as multi-skilled practitioners, there are career positions available in medical offices, hospitals, hospice care, laboratories, ambulatory care centers, and more. The program provides the student the opportunity to acquire clinical and administrative knowledge and skills in the classroom, the laboratory, and during practicum/externship.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply for a national medical assisting certification examination.
- Perform all medical assisting skills at entry level competency.
- Become a professional collaborative member of the health care team delivering safe quality care
- Will show respect, empathy, objectivity, and accuracy with written and verbal communication.
This is not a selective admissions program; however, students must meet course prerequisite requirements to progress in the program. To progress in this program, students must obtain a grade of ‘C’ or higher in all MED courses.
This program may help prepare students for stackable credentials. With additional experience and/or coursework, students may qualify to take a variety of certification exams. Completion of this certificate can place the student into the Associate Degree program with at least 50% of the credits completed.
The Medical Assistant Certificate Program at Norwalk Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP): 9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775, Phone: 727-210-2350, Fax: 727-210-2354, www.caahep.org Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB): 2020 N. California Ave., #213 Suite 7 Chicago, IL 60647, 1-800-228-2262, www.maerb.org