Return to: Programs by School of Study
DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
This program prepares students to transfer into one of the Connecticut State University (CSU) biology programs.
Outcomes: Students completing the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) Biology Pathway and earning an Associate’s Degree will be able to describe:
- the mechanism by which the diversity of life evolved over time.
- the basic units of structure that define the function of all living things.
- how information is stored and exchanged, within and among organisms.
- how living things transform energy and matter.
- how living systems are interconnected and interacting.
Competencies: Student completing the CSCU Biology Pathway and earning an Associate’s Degree will be able to:
- Apply the process of science
- Use quantitative reasoning
- Use modeling and simulation to describe living systems
- Apply concepts and knowledge from within and outside of biology in order to interpret biological phenomena
- Communicate biological concepts and interpretations
- Discuss the relationship between Science and Society
This program follows the first two years of standard biology majors program and transfers into many public and private universities across the country. Student can transfer into the following programs under the Transfer and Articulation Policy (TAP) transfer agreement:
- Central CT State University: Ecology, Biodiversity, Evolution, Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Central CT State University: Environmental Science, B.S.
- Central CT State University: General Biology, B.S.
- Eastern CT State University: Biology, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Eastern CT State University: Biology, B.S.
- Southern CT State University: Biology, B.A.
- Southern CT State University: Biology, B.S.
- Western CT State University: Biology - Professional Option, B.A.
- Western CT State University: Ecological Option, B.A.