DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
This certificate program combines digital technology, communications and marketing coursework to equip graduates with the skills they need in this fast-changing field. It is designed to provide relevant training in key areas such as website design, social media, consumer behavior, search engine optimization, and project management.
Working in the social media field requires flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once. The Social Media Specialist may be responsible for developing and implementing a company’s social media strategy in order to increase its online presence and improve marketing and sales efforts. The understanding of how search, content and social media all work together is important along with attention to detail. A typical day may require you to monitor tweets, respond to posts, analyze trends and engage with brand advocates. Customer engagement is at the top of the list so skills such as building creative content and understanding different media formats that resonate with target audiences are important.
The Social Media Specialist certificate can boost a resume, enhance an existing degree or provide a foundation for pursuing a degree in digital marketing, public relations, communications, entrepreneurship and business.
Upon successful completion of all Social Media Specialist certificate program requirements, graduates will:
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, data interpretation, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Implement and maintain an organization’s social media strategy, developing brand awareness and boosting product adoption.
- Maintain a website and use related content management tools.
- Report on the process of applying various social media tactics using digital and media tracking tools.
- Develop social media marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive work habits necessary for success in today’s business world.