Return to: Programs by Area of Interest
DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Certificate in Data Science provides exposure to key elements of data science including data structures and data sources, programming languages, statistical principles, computing and analytics, data management, machine learning tools, and data science applications. This certificate needs to be paired with a transfer associates degree in any field (recommended fields include mathematics, applied sciences, computer science, computer programming, business, marketing, web design).
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Master key facets of data investigation, including data wrangling, cleaning, sampling, management, exploratory analysis, regression and classification, prediction, and data communication
- Implement foundational concepts of data computation, such as data structure, algorithms, simulation, and analysis.
- Utilize various technologies to organize, analyze, explore, and visualize data
- Execute data organization, exploration, and develop proficiency in the programming language of R
- Apply advanced statistical techniques
- Understand machine learning models and their applications