DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
Students who complete the Video Production Certificate will be able to apply visual composition, lighting design, non-linear video editing, motion graphics design, audio production, and sound design for use in advertising, marketing, business and media industries. Certificate credits also apply to the Digital Arts Technology degree program and for transfer to BA/ BS programs at other colleges.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and organizational practices.
- Practice effective communication both independently and as part of a team.
- Recognize and use the multiple steps of the video production process to facilitate project completion.
- Apply industry-standard techniques and tools to complete professional level audio visual projects.
- Create state-of-the-art special effect techniques used in film and video.
- Complete significant projects resulting in a robust portfolio or demo reel.
Courses in this program require access to the Naugatuck Valley DAT Computer Studio Lab. Or a student must have a computer with specialized software (including Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Pro-Tools, and others as industry dictates) to take the Hy-Flex courses.
DAT courses are available offered at the Naugatuck Valley Campus