DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Computer Engineering Technology program provides training in hardware conﬁguration, software development, programming applications, and the interfacing of hardware/software and communication systems. Students receive hands-on training on various computer systems, test equipment, and software products.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in computer programming, circuitry, hardware/software and communications systems
- Use diagnostic software and testing equipment to troubleshoot problems Install and conﬁgure computer hardware and software
- Apply programming and assembly languages
- Use CAD technology to design, create, analyze, simulate and evaluate electrical circuits and schematics Work cooperatively and productively with others in a laboratory test setting
Graduates of this program possess the skills to troubleshoot, repair, conﬁgure, install, and program basic computer systems. The experience and training gained in the Computer Engineering Technology Associate in Science degree program will also prepare students for the national CompTIA Computer Technicians A+ Certiﬁcation Examination (offsite).