DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
Health Care Administrators develop, plan, and manage health care operations and services. Health Care Administrators apply business and financial management skills in the healthcare environment. The Health Care Administrator needs to understand health care delivery systems, health law, and health information systems.
Graduates of the Health Care Administration program are advised to pursue certification as a physician practice manager by sitting for the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM) exam.
A physician practice manager manages the business functions of a medical practice. The physician practice manager is responsible for practice operations that may include revenue management, compliance, human resources, information technology, and marketing.
- Describe basic business accounting practices and financial reports.
- Explain corporate governance structures and human resource management in healthcare organizations.
- Articulate the levels of care, providers, and places of services in the health care system and understanding of the healthcare business environment.
- Interpret regulations and standards to ensure compliance.
- Apply health care quality management principles and practices.
- Engage in provider recruitment and credentialing.
- Interpret insurance payment models and manage the physician practice revenue cycle.
Program available fully online; certain HIMT courses are only available through the Middlesex campus specially-accredited HIMT program including HIMT 1110 , HIMT 2460 , and HIMT 2650 .