DRAFT CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this draft catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this draft catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- This catalog is a draft to be finalized in the Spring of 2023. The policies, courses and programs described are not applicable until the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
Provides skills in accounting, ethics, finance, law, management, management information systems, and marketing which are needed to succeed in businesses from sole proprietorships through global corporations. This degree will prepare students to enter a variety of positions in business, start their own venture or continue to a bachelor’s degree program.
Tunxis Community College is accredited by the Associate Degree Board of Commissioners of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Asnuntuck, Capital, Gateway, Housatonic, Manchester, Middlesex, Naugatuck Valley, Northwestern, Norwalk, Quinebaug Valley, and Three Rivers campuses are working towards accreditation for July 2023. When the merger is complete, all 12 campuses will be accredited.
Degree concentration areas are oriented towards career options for graduates and business electives may not transfer.
In addition to the General Education learning outcomes, upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Describe and appraise the economic, political, regulatory, legal, technological, ethical and social contexts of organizations in a global society
- Define and evaluate principles, techniques and major functions of management and business organizations.
- Understand the U.S. legal system and be able to apply the principles to the legal environment in which organizations conduct business.
- Understand, apply and evaluate marketing fundamentals to make tactical decisions to execute business strategy.
- Develop and interpret financial statements using accounting and finance principles to make evidence- based decisions.
- Apply quantitative and technical skills to analyze problems, formulate and develop solutions using appropriate technology, and effectively communicate results to stakeholders.